Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reading Profile

I love to read but I don't always make the time to do it. I am a rather social person and find myself easily distracted when the opportunity arises to spend time outdoors, with family, or friends. I also admit to watching more television that I should. When I do read I have several genres that I gravitate to and certain authors that I will drop everything for when a new work of theirs is published. 

I love reading science fiction and fantasy books because there is nothing better at transporting me to another world like the tale of young wizard boy or a story set in a dystopian future. A few of my favorite authors are Margaret Atwood, Kurt Vonnegut, Erik Larson, Jeffrey Eugenides, and Neil Gaiman. I will give almost any book a chance, but I will admit to having never read anything by some of my library's most popular authors like James Patterson and Janet Evanovich. Mysteries and thrillers are probably two of my least favorite genres and so I avoid those types of books because they don't really appeal to me. I will also quickly abandon a book if it doesn't captivate me within in the first few chapters.

I love technology and own a tablet with all of the eBook apps installed, but I still prefer to read print books. I stare at a computer screen all day so looking at paper is much more appealing to me when I am reading for pleasure. I do love the convenience of these digital items when I am traveling and do listen to audiobooks almost exclusively on my smartphone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment