Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week 3 Prompt



1. I am looking for a book by Laurell K. Hamilton. I just read the third book in the Anita Blake series and I can’t figure out which one comes next!
         
The fourth book in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton is called The Lunactic Cafe.

2. What have I read recently? Well, I just finished this great book by Barbara Kingsolver, Prodigal Summer. I really liked the way it was written, you know, the way she used language. I wouldn't mind something a bit faster paced though.

You could try the Yellow Emperor's Cure by Kunal Basu or The Miniaturist by Kunal Basu. They share the same descriptive, lush, and lyrical writing style as Prodigal Summer, but have a faster pace to them.  

3. I like reading books set in different countries. I just read one set in China, could you help me find one set in Japan? No, not modern – historical. I like it when the author describes it so much it feels like I was there!

You might like The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery. This book is historical fiction set in 19th century Japan and is written in a descriptive writing style. 

4. I read this great mystery by Elizabeth George called Well-Schooled in Murder and I loved it. Then my dentist said that if I liked mysteries I would probably like John Sandford, but boy was he creepy I couldn't finish it! Do you have any suggestions?

If you liked Elizabeth George, try From Doon with Death by Ruth Rendell. She shares similar elements with Elizabeth George in her storyline, tone, and writing style. She does not share many elements with John Sandford. 

5. My husband has really gotten into zombies lately. He’s already read The Walking Dead and World War Z, is there anything else you can recommend?

He might like The Damnation Game by Clive Barker. Like The Walking Dead and World War Z, this book is also plot-driven with a bleak and gruesome tone, and a compelling writing style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment